DSIA relies on people like you to accomplish our mission. Getting involved is simple… check out the different opportunities below. We look forward to seeing and hearing from you!
1. Become a Member
Your membership not only benefits you, but it benefits the Down syndrome community more broadly. You support DSIA’s mission, our vision, and provide a member base that tells our community that we are doing important work. Individual and family memberships are only $45 per year, and organizational memberships are affordable, too!
Member benefits include:
- our monthly eNewsletter, plus additional updates about upcoming events and activities
- access to special events
- free social events and educational workshops with expert guest speakers
- reduced fees and potential scholarships for those activities that require a fee (like the reduced fee for SunSplash and the member scholarships for the oral motor clinic). For discounts to be applicable, DSIA memberships must be active 7 business days prior to the event and must be active at the time of the event.
- and much, much more!
DSIA memberships are valid for 365 days from the day you join/renew. You will receive an email reminder approximately one month before your membership expires with a link to renew online. How’s that for easy?!
Click the membership button to join/renew now or CLICK HERE to download, print and mail in your membership form. Your discount code will be emailed within 24 hours of becoming a member. Memberships must be active 7 days prior to event ticket purchase to utilize the discount code.
2. Make a Donation
We depend on donations made by people like you. Your charitable contribution directly funds DSIA’s programs, support, and events. Learn more about how to make a donation, or how to affordably fund one of our programs for an entire year!
We could never do what we do without the dedication of our local volunteers. Whether you are retired, a high school student looking for service credit, a family who likes to give back to their community, or a professional who has a specific skill set, DSIA has many volunteer opportunities. Our volunteers love being a part of the DSIA family. CLICK HERE to fill out a volunteer application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Heather Green at 916.658.1686
4. Participate in Our Events
Looking to learn? Looking to meet other families? Or are you just looking to have some FUN? DSIA offers activities and events year round! Most of our events are free, and members receive substantial discounts on the few events that require a fee. Check out our current event calendar, and a list of our programs to see what we have planned. We hope to see you soon!
5. Help DSIA Fundraise
This is your opportunity to give back! DSIA needs your help so that we can continue our programs and outreach to benefit our community for the years to come. Here’s two easy ways you can make a BIG difference:
- Ask your employer if they have a donation matching program. Many organizations will match your personal donation dollar for dollar! Learn more about making charitable contributions to DSIA.
- Create a team and raise money for the Step Up for Down Syndrome walk. Not only is it a great event to raise awareness about Down syndrome in the community, but it’s a fun way to raise money to help support all of DSIA’s efforts. Learn more about DSIA’s Step Up walk and how you can help!
6. Join the Board of Directors
DSIA is always looking for committed and experienced Board Members.
CLICK HERE to download the application or email email@example.com for more information.